Sergio's blog: hints, ideas, pictures and news about SDS (and more) from the author

Saturday, January 9, 2010

What is this??? (2)


Other activities going on in the lab.....

An old ruined house in the foreground, a stone wall all around and a small wood just behind.

There's a bend in a muddy road in the lower right corner, and some bushes here and there.

Oh, and also a pit in front of the ruins.



The same scene from behind the wood.
Here the pit is more visibile, as a steep slope right to its side...








And finally, an aerial view of the area, showing the star-shaped stone wall....

But... wait!

What is that yellow square with a red question mark on it?

It seems out of place in this pics.


Did you notice anything else? :)

8 comments:

  1. ACW skirmish! That's cool! I got some 15mm Union from Old Glory that have been dying to be used for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be..... ;-)
    What level in your opinion?

    Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would truly enjoy a good ACW skirmish set. I would like to see a set emphasising command at trhe regimental level: deploying skirmish companies, maneuvering into line, filling gaps, etc. Keep us informed of your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven,
    I started playtesting the game portrayed in the pics, which is Company level. You'll have 50-60 soldiers at your command. A Captain, 2-3 Lieutenants, 4 Sergeants, 8 Corporals and a variable number of enlisted men. I am determined to emphasize exactly the features you mentioned, but still with a manageable number of pieces to play in 1,5 hours. So you're on target :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must confess that I've only just found out about Song of Drums and Shakos through this excellent website, and as a result I am painting up a couple of British and French (400 pt) forces in 15mm.

    I'm delighted to see your attention 'may' be turning to ACW as well though as I have a rather hefty ACW 15mm lead mountain that I also need some encouragement to.

    Please keep the blog running, as it'll help me keep painting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blaxkleric
    happy to keep you busy :)
    Let me know how SDS plays with bases instead of single miniatures..
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures clearly show that those Yankees are going to kick some Rebel butt! :-)

    Nice work. Love your products!

    ReplyDelete