Now that the Rules are "solid", I want to give you some general information, before the english translation becomes available. 99,9% of the basic rules are in effect but something had to be modified to reflect the competitive nature of a Tourney.
1) The Morale test for losses is after you loose more than 1/3 of your figures (instead than more than half) this comes from the need to reduce the playing time and squeeze a game in 1 hour. There is a table for those lazy people who don't want to make calculations :)
2) There are 2 Groups of Nations (the French Group and the Allied Group)made following historical alliances. Each player has to bring 2 squads to the Tournament: 1 Main and 1 Secondary. They must be taken from different Groups, so that you have 1 Main squad and 1 which is an enemy of the first. This guarantees that no a-historical engagements take place. While asking a bit more to players, I felt that this solution was better than the "anyone vs. anyone" of other competitive sets.
3) I wrote several pages of clarifications, with diagrams, to explain some of the rules that come out quite often in the Forums (LOS, Group Orders, Fleeing moves and the like). Very little new rules have been added.
4) The official base size is 2cm diameter (if round) and 2 cm side (if square) for infantry and 2 cm frontage and "enough to arrange the base" depth for cavalry (therefore a rectangle). Tolerance is restricted to 0,5 cm from the soldier's foot. In any case tournament Organizers have the ultimate word on this matter.
5) Standard scale is 25/28 mm, but you can organize a tournament for 20 or 15mm, changing table size and measurement sticks.
6) In order to be valid for the records I'll keep (and for the Italian Championship) a Tourney must be on 4 rounds and with 8 players (minimum).
7) All the lists in SDS, MDS and Free Hack e-zine are valid tournament lists. Plus, we'll publish new lists as separate free add on. Next in the pipeline are French Marines of the Guard and British Marines.
Any comment is welcomed, as is any question.......