Sergio's blog: hints, ideas, pictures and news about SDS (and more) from the author

Monday, August 5, 2013

100 Dice playtest of version 3.0

While other playtests are going on, yesterday Diego came to Terni to play version 3.0 of the rules.
We had a full game in about 2,5 hours, and it ended in a Marginal Victory for him.
The game plays well, it is now a question of finding and solving minor problems, or write rules differently if they are not immediately clear.
Yesterday it was a Napoleonic battle (French Vs. Prussians), next time could be ACW?


4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to these rules very much.
    Have you any idea of a possible publication date?
    A game that can be played in under three hours in a small space about the size of a coffee table is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur,
    I am writing, trimming, changing, testing every day because I'd like to release the game as soon as possible. I'd say september-october but I cannot promise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sergio,
    Thank you for your kind reply. I appreciate you cannot be precise about the release date.
    Your set up looks very appealing - I must try to create something similar.
    Good luck with the playtesting and editing. I enjoy reading your reports and seeing the pictures of your trial games.
    Best wishes,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur,
    glad you appreciate my brief reports, you should find plenty of them in the next week or so (I'm on vacation)...

    ReplyDelete