Sergio's blog: hints, ideas, pictures and news about SDS (and more) from the author

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Big Battles




Since about a month, the Friday Night Big Battle became a tradition in my Lab.
I posted here a report about one of them; after that we played twice (and next friday we'll do it again). We play 2-3 vs. 2-3 players, generally each with a 400 points squad, but when someone is missing we improvise on the spot something with the illusion of keeping the game balanced :)
In my opinion, it is really a nice way to play SDS, because there is interaction between allies, a lot of coups de theatre (sorry for my bad french) and the "Joker rule" gives a further element of unpredictability to the game. Now I'm thinking to add a new card (the Queen of Hearts I think) which - when drawn - gives the last player who got a turnover at the first attempt of activation the chance to grab the initiative again.
Next friday I'd like to introduce a gun (using the rules of MDS scenario) with its crew (my Austrian 4 pdrs. gun is ready for the job).
I'll let you know how it goes... in the meantime 3 pics from the 2 last BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment